You hope that your computer will never break down? This is a false hope, personally, I’ve lost data from 4 hard drives, including 1 from work. Initially, I wasn’t doing backup either. If it wasn’t for monthly backup of my work disk, I would have lost much important data. I’ve been keeping files in cloud for a long time. This makes it possible to archive data in real time. In the case of a disk malfunction, you only loose the file you are currently working on. At first, I was using Dropbox (dropbox.pl), but the small space available for free - 2 GB - was a huge problem. That’s why I’ve additionally installed MEGA (mega.nz), which offers 50 GB for free.
If you need more space, you can buy some in one of the following services:
- Amazon Cloud, 5 GB for free, unlimited space for 59.99 USD / year,
- Dropbox, 2 GB for free, 1 TB - 8.25 EUR / month, 2 TB - 10 EUR / month, unlimited space - 15 EUR / month,
- MediaFire, 10 GB for free, 1 TB - 3.75 USD / month, 100 TB - 40 USD / month,
- MEGA, 50 GB for free, 500 GB - 9.99 USD / month, 2 TB - 19.99 USD / month, 4 TB - 29.99 USD / month,
- Google Drive, 15 GB for free, 30 GB - 4 EUR / month, unlimited space 8 EUR / month,
- One Drive, 5 GB for free, 50 GB - 1.99 USD / month, 1 TB + Office - 6.99 USD / month, 5 TB + Office - 9.99 USD / month.